The 2021-22 school year begins August 16th.
Thank you for your patience, support, and kind words over the past year. After much discussion and a great deal of research, we are using the terminology as of right now (aka AORN). These unprecedented circumstances have been a challenge, but they have also pushed us in new directions. MSP will resume, continuing with some modified classroom set-ups, mask-wearing, and other precautions.
We are closely follow CDC guidelines, as well as Escambia County Health Department, and Department of Children & Families. Click here for the Coronavirus section of the CDC website.
You must be ready to answer these questions when bringing your child to school:
- Have you been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Has your child had a fever or been given fever reducing medication in the past 24 hours?
- Is anyone in your home experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms that are unusual for them? COVID-19 symptoms may be different for adults and children:
Nasal congestion or rhinorrhea
Shortness of breath
Nausea or vomiting
Poor feeding or poor appetite
(Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome)
Feeling extra tired
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle of body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, please let the teacher know. You will need to take your child home and we will be calling you with further information.
If the answer is no, we will take your child’s temperature. If no fever, we will welcome them to school!
- Covid-19 Vaccine Webinar: What you need to know
- What to do if your child is sick?
- Can children/teens get the vaccine?
- How to talk to children about the “new normal”?
- Click here for a list of mask suggestions (some made by MSP parents and some from online sources)
- Do you have a MSP mask? Want to order more? Click here to order.
- CDC guidance about Living in Close Quarters
- CDC page about vaccinations.
- Article about getting children to wear masks
- CDC recommendations for hand sanitizer
- Hand sanitizer- FDA recall list
- How long do you wash your hands? What’s the difference in disinfecting and cleaning? Click here for answers.
- Click here for a recent article published about children and Corona Virus.
- Click here for an article about masks.
- Free Family Support Line to anyone in Florida who needs support, help and/or counseling during this difficult time. In addition to providing free, confidential counseling and support, they provide warm hand-offs/connections to other programs and providers if there’s a need for additional services. Callers and texters can remain completely anonymous if they choose – they don’t even have to give their name. Click here for more information.