The 2020-21 school year is in full swing.
Thank you for your patience, support, and kind words over the past months. After much discussion and a great deal of research, we are using the terminology as of right now (aka AORN). These unprecedented circumstances have been a challenge, but they have also pushed us in new directions. MSP is in session, though with modified classroom set-up, class size, and other precautions.
We are closely follow CDC guidelines, as well as Escambia County Health Department, and Department of Children & Families. Click here for the Coronavirus section of the CDC website. MSP Pandemic Policies (for Early Childhood and for Elementary/Middle) were sent via email and are also accessible on the password-protected section of the parent website.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Webinar: What you need to know
- What to do if your child is sick?
- Can children/teens get the vaccine?
- How to talk to children about the “new normal”?
Parent Recommendations for Masks
- Click here for a list of mask suggestions (some made by MSP parents and some from online sources)
- Article about getting children to wear masks
- CDC recommendations for hand sanitizer
- Hand sanitizer- FDA recall list
- How long do you wash your hands? What’s the difference in disinfecting and cleaning? Click here for answers.
- Click here for a recent article published about children and Corona Virus.
- Click here for an article about masks.
- Free Family Support Line to anyone in Florida who needs support, help and/or counseling during this difficult time. In addition to providing free, confidential counseling and support, they provide warm hand-offs/connections to other programs and providers if there’s a need for additional services. Callers and texters can remain completely anonymous if they choose – they don’t even have to give their name. Click here for more information.