Admission & Enrollment Procedures
In its effort to create a balanced educational environment true to the philosophy of Dr. Montessori, a relatively even distribution of boys, girls, and ages is important in each three year developmental group.
Each year during January, current students are given an opportunity to re-enroll for the next school year. All remaining spaces are offered to the public after this time. Families who enroll are expected to align with the school’s values, goals, and requirements.
Students are admitted in the following order:
- Re-enrollment of current students
- Siblings of current students
- Children of staff
- Five day students
- Transfers from other Montessori schools
- New students
Admissions Process for Early Childhood Students:
- After the tour, we will schedule a time to meet with you and your child. During the meeting, your child will have the opportunity to spend time in a classroom.
- After the meeting, MSP will make a decision regarding acceptance.
- If your child is accepted, MSP will provide parents with a Reservation and Enrollment Contract and the necessary paperwork to enroll. Registration and application fees are due when you are notified of acceptance in the school. These fees confirm your child’s place and are non-refundable.
- If there is no space available and you want to be placed in the waiting pool, complete and return the application form with the non-refundable $100 fee.
Criteria for Acceptance into a 3-6 Classroom:
- The student’s demonstration of the ability and willingness to follow directions.
- The student being fully toilet independent.
Process for acceptance of Elementary and Middle School students:
- Provide the child’s latest school records and test scores when you come for a tour.
- After reviewing the school records, we will schedule a classroom shadow date. At this time, the non-refundable application fee is due.
- During shadow visits students experience a Montessori classroom in action. Assessments may also be administered.
- After your child shadows, the head of school will meet with teachers to determine acceptance.
- Once the admissions decision has been made, parents will be informed.
- When you are notified of acceptance in the school, the registration fee confirms your child’s place and is non-refundable.
- If there is no space available at this time, you may choose to be placed in the waiting pool.