Click here to visit the American Montessori Society website.
If you would like to read more about the Montessori approach to education, we suggest these books:
- The Secret of Childhood by Maria Montessori
- Education and Peace by Maria Montessori
- Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius by Angeline Lillard
- Montessori Today by Paula Lillard
- Montessori: A Modern Approach by Paula Lillard
The Montessori Foundation is a good source for informative articles and videos.
- Click here to the www.montessori.org homepage
- Click here to visit their Family Center to read about how to choose a Montessori school and to view videos
- Click here to visit their on-line library of articles about Montessori
Here is a short list of books on parenting that we recommend:
- Positive Discipline by Jane Nelson
- Discipline for Life: Getting it Right with Children by Madelyn Swift
- How to Talk so Kids Will Listen by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
Here is a video about the benefit of completing the 3-year cycle in the 3-6 classroom (“The Kindergarten Year”).
Here is a link to psychologist, Stephen Hughes’ talk about Montessori education and higher order cognitive functions.
Many well-known innovators have been graduates of Montessori schools. To read articles about some of these creators, click below:
- Harvard Business Review blog excerpt on innovators attending Montessori schools
- Kyiv Post article
- Investors Business Daily article on leaders and success
Here is a link to another Montessori school’s extensive resource list, as well as access to a video clip of Google creators discussing their Montessori education.
Montessori Education Week is celebrated internationally every year, during a week in early spring. Click below to see a slideshow created by MSP in honor of Montessori Education Week.