Admission & Enrollment Procedures
In its effort to create a balanced educational environment true to the philosophy of Dr. Montessori, a relatively even distribution of boys, girls, and ages is important in each three year developmental group.
Each year during the first two weeks of February, current students are given an opportunity to re-enroll for the next school year. All remaining spaces are offered to the public after this time.
Admission to the school adheres to the following priority basis:
- Re-enrollment of current students
- Five day students
- Siblings of current students
- Children of staff
- Transfers from other Montessori schools
- New students
Criteria for acceptance of new Early Childhood students:
- The student’s demonstration of the ability to follow directions.
- The parent’s understanding and acceptance of our basic goals and expectations.
- The student being fully toilet independent for the 3-6 class.
- The family’s long range educational goals.
- The Montessori School of Pensacola does not discriminate in its admission policies on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, or special needs.
Process for acceptance of new Elementary and Middle School students:
- Initial tour with the Admissions Director
- Request for school records
- Review of school records
- Classroom visit with assessments (as needed)
- Head of School meets with teachers
- Admissions decision made and parents informed